Monday, November 7, 2011

Take Two

     I fell off the face of the blogging earth, but I'm back to try this again. Needless to say in the time that I wasn't blogging I was busy not getting thinner. I could provide all kinds of excuses for that, but no one wants to hear those, not even me.

      So here I am again trying to get healthier again, but it does feel different this time. Somehow it doesn't feel as difficult or overwhelming as it normally does. I think I owe this to several different things. First, my husband is on a diet as well so being able to eat balanced meals with him at home makes a HUGE difference. Second, my co-workers and I are doing a "Biggest Loser-esque" weight loss challenge. It really helps not having someone ask if you want Chinese takeout twice a week. We are able to keep each other motivated and encourage each other to do the best that we can. Third, I have started working with a Reproductive Endocrinologist in regards to getting pregnant, and I really want to get healthier to help with conception and have a healthy pregnancy. (I find out soon about my glucose screening and bloodwork, so any prayers in regard to those are greatly appreciated!)

     We have been doing our challenge for 3 weeks now and so far I've lost around 10 lbs, which sounds much more impressive (at least to me) when I say that I have lost 3.69% of my body weight. :o) For some reason that sounds so much larger than 10 lbs...... That loss has been mostly due to dietary changes with some walking, but I'm ready to challenge myself a little more with the exercise portion. I actually did some strength training with dumbbells last night, so hopefully I can keep going with that.

     Hopefully I will be updating with more good news next week!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment