Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Why does the reward have to be food??????

   Something has been driving me crazy lately, and it's the linked lives of food and reward. We do something well at work, we get a box of cookies. We meet a goal at work we get lunch (usually pizza or something else notoriously fattening). Someone reaches a milestone we take them to dinner or out for ice cream. Sure these things are meant as treats, but lately it seems like its a constant everywhere I turn. And I also know that the people who dole out these rewards believe that they are doing something nice, and they are, BUT wouldn't it also be nice to just get a $5.00 gift card to wherever?? Or hell, give me a $2.00 gift card.
   Now I'm sure some people I know would say that it's up to me to just not have the treats. And these people are most likely thin people who don't have the food issues I have. These people don't understand the struggle to just not have any. If I could just not have any I'm sure I would be several lbs thinner..... Along with that struggle there is my need to want to save money, and a free meal really appeals to the part of me that's trying to pinch pennies. Why spend $3.00 - $8.00 on lunch when I can spend absolutely nothing!
    And finally if these sound like excuses just remember this.... I'm not complaining Lord I'm just explaining!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment